I’d rather Hurricane Gustav was NOT the focus of the news this week. I’d not have watched the RNC, but it would be better than a potentially devastating Hurricane. Along that line: Stuart Shepard of Focus on the Family encouraged people to pray for “rain of biblical proportions” to ruin Sen. Obama’s speech. It goes to show you: You should be careful what you wish for.
- Orange, Rockland barred from enforcing county orders targeting migrants
- How many NYC apartments are vacant? No one actually knows.
- After Airbnb lawsuit, NYC delays short-term rental registration deadline
- NYC tenants could get more eviction protections in last-ditch effort in Albany
- Armed guard charged with sexually assaulting asylum-seeker inside Manhattan federal building
- New bill would set NY's presidential primary earlier, increasing state's influence over Democrats
- Rap on trial: NY lawmakers move to limit use of lyrics in criminal trials
NY Times Feed
- 7 Shot Outside High School Graduation in Richmond, Virginia
- Mike Johnston Declares Victory in Denver’s Mayoral Election
- Internal Blast Probably Breached Ukraine Dam, Experts Say (Cautiously)
- Kakhovka Dam in Ukraine Destroyed: What to Know
- What is the Air Quality Index? Here's How to Stay Safe
- PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree to Deal to End Fight Over Sport
- Chris Christie Announces ’24 Run, Taking Square Aim at Trump