(sigh) The “atheism” sub reddit is, IMO, getting out of hand. I have absolutely no problem with anyone’s personal beliefs (or lack there of), but I’m getting tired of going to Reddit and seeing constant headlines from “atheism” berating people who believe in God or how so and so “owned” someone else. I get it: “Religion caused 9/11”, Herpes, Dark Ages, “Religious People are Low IQ Morons”, “You can’t believe in Science and Religion”, etc. I can’t stand intolerance, religious or otherwise, and, IMO, most of those posts are intolerant. I’m pretty close to ditching Reddit as a result.
- What honeybees can reveal about a neighborhood’s germs — from Queens to Brooklyn to Tokyo
- NYC wants your help naming the new hybrid Governors Island ferry
- See NYC’s 2023 James Beard Award finalists for best chefs and restaurants
- Mayor Adams defends involvement with troubled Brooklyn venue that’s drawn scrutiny from the state
- After delays, NYC unveils MyCity site to streamline access to city services
- Extra Extra: The bad tippers are feeling emboldened
- Knicks superfan won’t be allowed into MSG for playoffs under appeals court ruling
NY Times Feed
- Tokyo Olympics Scandal Fouls Hopes for a Sapporo Winter Games
- México investiga como homicidio las muertes de las víctimas del incendio en Ciudad Juárez
- Immigration Tripled in Top U.S. Counties Even as Many of Them Lost Population
- Washington Shrugs Off Nashville Shooting, as G.O.P. Rejects Pleas to Act
- Walter Cole, Who Dazzled as Darcelle, the World’s Oldest Drag Performer, Dies at 92
- A Florida School Banned a Disney Movie About Ruby Bridges. Here’s What That Really Means.
- After Mass Shootings, Republicans Expand Access to Guns