WREG-TV in Memphis, Tennessee’s CBS television affiliate, is running a story labeled “Law Enforcement Crackdown on Terrorists“. Trouble is, other than the headline, it doesn’t look like “Terrorists” were actually arrested. Methinks they are trying to go for Hype, not substance. Wouldn’t that be a first for a “News” outlet??
- NYPD: Parents charged in death of three-month-old girl
- Little competition for NJ Legislature primaries, and ballot gives party favorites an edge
- Rikers detainees at ‘imminent risk' of harm; federal monitor alleges five new ‘disturbing’ incidents
- Thousands of NYC buildings still burn dirty fuels, as owners struggle with looming ban
- The Met in NY says it has a plan to root out looted art from its collection
- 'Manhattanhenge' is back; there's still time to catch it, but watch the traffic
- Arrest in Newark hit-and-run in January that killed 5-year-old girl crossing the street
NY Times Feed
- Why Are Food Prices So High in Europe? Sugar, Cheese and Bread Costs Soar
- Moscow Drone Attack: What We Know
- Debt Limit Bill Heads to Key Committee in First Test of G.O.P. Support
- Miami Heat Beat Boston Celtics in Game 7 to Advance to NBA Finals
- Can a State Takeover Fix the Paterson, N.J., Police Department?
- A.I. Poses ‘Risk of Extinction,’ Industry Leaders Warn
- For Lorna Courtney of ‘& Juliet,’ New York Has Always Been Her Stage