Glenn Greenwald writes that: Chairman Conyers and 19 Members of the House Judiciary Committee have now issued a comprehensive report concluding that “the Administration has not established a valid and credible case justifying the extraordinary action of Congress enacting blanket retroactive immunity as set forth in the Senate bill.” Good to hear.
- NYPD: Parents charged in death of three-month-old girl
- Little competition for NJ Legislature primaries, and ballot gives party favorites an edge
- Rikers detainees at ‘imminent risk' of harm; federal monitor alleges five new ‘disturbing’ incidents
- Thousands of NYC buildings still burn dirty fuels, as owners struggle with looming ban
- The Met in NY says it has a plan to root out looted art from its collection
- 'Manhattanhenge' is back; there's still time to catch it, but watch the traffic
- Arrest in Newark hit-and-run in January that killed 5-year-old girl crossing the street
NY Times Feed
- Why Are Food Prices So High in Europe? Sugar, Cheese and Bread Costs Soar
- Moscow Drone Attack: What We Know
- Debt Limit Bill Heads to Key Committee in First Test of G.O.P. Support
- Miami Heat Beat Boston Celtics in Game 7 to Advance to NBA Finals
- Can a State Takeover Fix the Paterson, N.J., Police Department?
- A.I. Poses ‘Risk of Extinction,’ Industry Leaders Warn
- For Lorna Courtney of ‘& Juliet,’ New York Has Always Been Her Stage