As usual, Keith Olbermann is right on the money. After that advertisement on the RNC web site I Have to wonder; Is the Republican Party the official Fear mongering party? Other then the “Boo! Terrorists are out to getcha!“, what is their message?
Lets look at the News and try to figure out the message:
- Is it to Vote on election Day? Apparently a volunteer for Mr. Tan Nguyen, a Republican running for congress in California, sent out a letter to “encourage” immigrants not to vote. In so doing, they may have run afoul of Federal (Lucky for him Alberto Gonzalez is On the Case!) and State voting laws. Interestingly, Mr. Nguyen is displaying the same outrage Jeanine Pirro shows when she is under investigation demanding an Investigation of the Investigation.
- Is it keeping Children Safe? Possibly not as Rep. J. Dennis Hastert doesn’t recall any warning about about now former Rep. Tom Foley. Sure, I can see it. I’d forget if someone insinuated to me about someone being a Pervert, to say the least.
Apparently Rep. Jim Kolbe may have “issues ” too…
- Is it Integrity? Not according to Rep. Bob Ney or Rep. Randall “Duke” Cunningham or former Rep. Tom Delay. No wait, Tom Delay is just under indictment, NOT convicted.
- Is it to “Stay the Course”? According to Pres. GW Bush it’s never been “Stay the course“.
Let’s see: The War in Iraq is about WMD’s, then “Freedom and Democracy”, then the “War on Terror”, Lower gas prices…
- Is it the lower Taxes? Let me ask you: Have you seen any “Tax Breaks”? I haven’t.
- What about Positive Campaigns? Rep. Harold Ford Jr., D-Tenn might think that they aren’t running a clean campaign. I like this analysis of the video…
- Competent leadership? Well, President GW Bush made Yet Another Signing Statement declaring that he has the right to disregard Yet Another Law and appoint incompetent people into Key positions. I Kid you not, listen about it here.
What a confusing Message! I could probably go on for quite a while, but you get the point. All politics are local, but if your unhappy with the current state of things, you might want to vote for ANYONE else then the Republicans. At this point, I’m so fed up with the Republican party that I’m having a very hard time voting for Local Politicians that I like and respect.
Regardless: Who ever you vote for, it’s important you vote.
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage” by Panic! at the Disco from “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out“.