- New York State Will Require All Ingredients To Be Listed On Menstrual Products
- Extra Extra: NYC's Dante Named World's Best Bar
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Trump's ‘Repugnant’ Public Charge Rule
- 'I'm A Cop. I'm Not A Human:' New Lawsuit Shows How A Routine Noise Complaint Spiraled Into Violence
- Did Anyone Ask For Chazz Palminteri's Thoughts On NYC's Female Statues?
- Life Sentences For Five Men Convicted For Killing 15-Yr-Old Junior Guzman-Feliz
- Facing Opposition To Redevelopment Plan, City Establishes Working Group To Decide Future Of NYCHA's Chelsea Complex
- Typhoon Hagibis Slams Into Japan, After Landslides, Floods and a Quake
- What, Exactly, Is Tulsi Gabbard Up To?
- America Exports Its Corruption to Ukraine
- Brooklyn Social Club Shooting Leaves 4 Dead and 3 Injured
- Turkish-Led Troops Invade Strategic Syrian Town
- Giuliani Is Said to Be Under Investigation for Ukraine Work
- Ukraine Envoy Says She Was Told Trump Wanted Her Out Over Lack of Trust
Daily Archives: August 10, 2008
What a busy week this has been. As Inigo Montoya once said “Let me explain, no, there is no time, let me sum up“:
- Finished the Oil to Gas conversion. Our OLD oil burner was installed in 1952 and designed in the 1920’s. Needless to say, it was expensive to run, especially in winter. I’ll write up a post on that exclusively later on. We used John Sideris Plumbing to do the work and we’re very happy with the work and the results.
- Attempted 3 times to have Time Warner Cable come and fix our Cable issues. After blowing off TWO appointments and arriving nearly an hour LATE to the THIRD appointment, they “diagnosed” the issue and left within 10 minutes. My wife called me after they left and I called TWC and got them to go back. The Technician insists there is no problem and that the screen going blank is “normal” and happens “occasionally”. The problem is, the issue is intermittent and unpredictable. Explaining that to the technician was an complete waste of time and he frankly did not care or want to hear it. As soon as humanly possible, we are switching our Cable TV service to Verizon. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had issues with Verizon too, but after all the issues I’ve had the last few months with TWC, I’m willing to give it a chance.
- Work is fun. We had an outage on Friday night that took quite a while to resolve. I was not able to leave work till 9:00pm. That in itself was bad, but I had to be in Princeton New Jersey by 7:30am the next day. Since I was late last time I had to go to Princeton, I left my house at 5:00am and got to work at 6:30am (Better early than late). That actually worked well, as I was able to get a good breakfast, relax and just jump right into the work that needed to be done. Thanks to my co-workers, everything went great (I mostly had a support role), but I was not able to leave till 7:00pm for a 2 hour drive to get home. Now on Sunday, I’m very tired. I’m glad days like this are few and far between.
- We recorded the Olympic Opening ceremony on our DVR (Only one Blip in the Recording! “Normal” right???) for viewing later. After seeing it, my wife and I could not help but think: The Next City to host the Olympics can’t possibly top that. You can see some fantastic photos here at Boston.com and here at the Official web sight, en.beijing2008.cn.
Other than that, life is pretty good. Mostly, we are taking it easy, watching the Olympics. I was able to record “Shoot ’em up” on the DVR this week. I’m looking forward to seeing it as both Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti are great.
Music I’m listening to now:
Nothing at the moment. I’m watching “Shoot ’em Up“, With Clive Owen, Paul Giamatti and Monica Bellucci. It’s a great Action film and Lots of fun.