As other people have pointed out “The Military Commissions Act” passed by Congress is dangerous as it has no clear definition of what defines an “Enemy combatant”. Keith Olbermann does a fine job of explaining why this is such a badly written law and points out that it is whittling away at the Bill of Rights. He also does a great job of once again demonstrating what a complete hypocrite President George W. Bush is. This is such a “hot” issue, that he can’t schedule a time to sign it? Riiiiight… BTW, while Keith Olbermann is being sarcastic (loved the “Why Does Habeas Corpus Hate America?“), people should realize this: If something can be abused it will be. The founding fathers of the United States did NOT trust Government, which is why the codified the bill of rights. Even if the current president doesn’t abuse this (Wow, What Are the Odds?), it doesn’t mean others won’t. This is not a “partisan” issue, it’s potentially a Constitutional one.It used to be that you could depend on the Supreme Court to strike down laws like this one since it smacks in the face of the Constitution (i.e. Attempted murder of Habeas Corpus) but with this line up, who knows?
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“Crazy” by Seal from his “Seal” Album (1991). It seemed appropriate.
- Cuomo Agrees To AG's Demands For Broad Investigation Powers And Says He "Never Intended To Offend Anyone"
- Extra, Extra: Haunting COVID Visualization Shows How Much Opening A Window Helps
- Cuomo's Political Playbook Falters Amid Demands For "Truly Independent" Investigation
- Coronavirus Statistics: Tracking The Epidemic In New York
- [UPDATE] NY Attorney General Seeks Subpoena Power To Probe Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Cuomo
- East Harlem's Excellent Tres Leches Cafe Expands To The LES
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Gets Emergency Authorization In U.S., Dr. Fauci Urges People To Take It
- Updates: A Distanced Golden Globes Honors Hollywood
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Supplies Will Be Limited at First, Officials Warn
- A Distanced Golden Globes Honors Hollywood
- Golden Globes Winners 2021: The Complete List
- ‘Allen v. Farrow’ Episode 2 Recap: A Family Torn Apart
- China Appears to Warn India: Push Too Hard and the Lights Could Go Out
- Trump’s Republican Hit List at CPAC Is a Warning Shot to His Party