As other people have pointed out “The Military Commissions Act” passed by Congress is dangerous as it has no clear definition of what defines an “Enemy combatant”. Keith Olbermann does a fine job of explaining why this is such a badly written law and points out that it is whittling away at the Bill of Rights. He also does a great job of once again demonstrating what a complete hypocrite President George W. Bush is. This is such a “hot” issue, that he can’t schedule a time to sign it? Riiiiight… BTW, while Keith Olbermann is being sarcastic (loved the “Why Does Habeas Corpus Hate America?“), people should realize this: If something can be abused it will be. The founding fathers of the United States did NOT trust Government, which is why the codified the bill of rights. Even if the current president doesn’t abuse this (Wow, What Are the Odds?), it doesn’t mean others won’t. This is not a “partisan” issue, it’s potentially a Constitutional one.It used to be that you could depend on the Supreme Court to strike down laws like this one since it smacks in the face of the Constitution (i.e. Attempted murder of Habeas Corpus) but with this line up, who knows?
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“Crazy” by Seal from his “Seal” Album (1991). It seemed appropriate.
- Ex-Sergeants Union Boss Claims Profane Tweets Keep Cops Safe From "Harm"
- How To Watch The Final NYC Mayoral Debate
- Early Addition: Portugal Is A Place Where Almost Everyone's Vaccinated & COVID-19 Is 'Endemic'
- Nor'easter Dumps Rain On New York, New Jersey
- 10-Digit Dialing Is Now Mandatory Across NY And NJ To Launch 988 National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- De Blasio To Ramp Up School Security To Stem Violence At Schools
- "This Is Tyranny": NYC Municipal Workers March On City Hall To Protest COVID Vaccine Mandate
- Lawmakers Grill Social Media Executives on Child Safety
- F.D.A. Panel Considers Pfizer Shot for Younger Children
- Democrats Scramble for Budget Deal as Doubts Grow Over Billionaires’ Tax
- What 'Dune' Gets Right that 'Foundation' Doesn't
- Poland’s Heartland Would Rather Keep E.U. Money Than Break With Bloc
- 11 Days After Driveway Killing, Texas Man Is Arrested
- Young Kids Should Get the Covid Vaccine. Here’s Why.