As other people have pointed out “The Military Commissions Act” passed by Congress is dangerous as it has no clear definition of what defines an “Enemy combatant”. Keith Olbermann does a fine job of explaining why this is such a badly written law and points out that it is whittling away at the Bill of Rights. He also does a great job of once again demonstrating what a complete hypocrite President George W. Bush is. This is such a “hot” issue, that he can’t schedule a time to sign it? Riiiiight… BTW, while Keith Olbermann is being sarcastic (loved the “Why Does Habeas Corpus Hate America?“), people should realize this: If something can be abused it will be. The founding fathers of the United States did NOT trust Government, which is why the codified the bill of rights. Even if the current president doesn’t abuse this (Wow, What Are the Odds?), it doesn’t mean others won’t. This is not a “partisan” issue, it’s potentially a Constitutional one.It used to be that you could depend on the Supreme Court to strike down laws like this one since it smacks in the face of the Constitution (i.e. Attempted murder of Habeas Corpus) but with this line up, who knows?
Music I’m listening to right Now:
“Crazy” by Seal from his “Seal” Album (1991). It seemed appropriate.
- Extra Extra: You Have No Good Car Ideas, But 2019 Had Some Very Good Memes
- Con Ed Poised To Charge New Yorkers More For All The Great Electricity Service
- First Look At The Chase Bank Takeover Of Former Coffee Shop Space In Union Square
- Controversial 'Clean' Chinese Restaurant Lucky Lee's Shuts Down
- High Ranking NYPD Officer Is 'David Duke In Uniform,' Officer Alleges
- The Real Story Of Lead Poisoning In NYC: A Free, Live Event On 12/16
- [Update] Three Year Old Boy In Stroller Killed, Mother Injured By Driver In East Harlem
- In First Meeting With Putin, Zelensky Plays to a Draw Despite a Bad Hand
- Trump’s Conduct Poses ‘Clear and Present Danger’ to Fair Elections, Democrats Argue in Impeachment Case
- Another Inquiry Doesn’t Back Up Trump’s Charges. So, on to the Next.
- With Trump, All Roads Lead to Moscow
- McKinsey Gives Pete Buttigieg Permission to Disclose Clients
- Barr and Durham Publicly Disagree With Horowitz Report on Russia Inquiry
- Report on F.B.I. Russia Inquiry Finds Serious Errors but Debunks Anti-Trump Plot